Thursday, June 17, 2021

I don't want to blog on this site any more, but I feel compelled.

When Firefly was canceled, it was as much the Wedon's fault, he made the decision easier for the network. 

The cancelation of Zooey's Extraordinary Playlist is a disavowal of the emotional life. Two seasons, 25 episodes, is enough, you can watch it over and over to let the emotions out. It's going to be hard to watch it again and again because it's so sad and awesome and great.

I've never seen such a cathartic show. For me anyway. And I think the strong fanbase agrees. We're still in the Wild West of America, where emotions get you killed. Capitalism is about not feeling your feelings. We're experiencing a spasm of old versus new, teetering on the brink of snuffing out democracy and advancement. Two steps forward one step back.

No comments: