Monday, September 25, 2023

Acting in your own best interest

My daughter doesn't like to be told what to do, and there are internal forces that amplify that idea in her head. An independent streak is good, and American. But listening to good suggestions even though your psychology tells you not to, can be overridden by the idea of acting in your own best interest.

I'm like that too, the idea has to make sense to me before I will do it, but sometimes I don't consider ideas because I didn't think of it. It's a flaw I'm trying to push past. Pushing past flaws that I own is an important growth mode. Owning the change in the fight for maturity before senility. 

Sometimes we don't like the choice so we make the wrong choice based on psychological reactivity. 

Sometimes the environment pushes us to make the wrong choice.

Act in your own best interest is a good mantra, a good coping statement, a good way of being that attempts to filter out distracting information. In the age of information filtering out irrelevant data is essential. 

No comments: